4 hour 30 minutes
Up to 1 day
The tour starts from the wall of Pisa and continue along the Medicean aqueduct for 6 km follow these 934 arches. The aqueduct was built to bring water from sources of Monti Pisani to the fountains for of Pisa during the period of Medici (XVI-XVII). From this road we reach the Monastery of “Certosa di Calci” where the Middle Ages meet Renaissance and XVII th century. The landscape is that of the “Gracious Valley” where olives tree and vineyards are the main cultivation. Have a stop to Calci and its Romanic church, dated 1116, with a wonderful bell-tower. Next to this village there is the possibility to stop and taste some good wine and “bruschetta” with olive oil in a family vineyards.
Availability of booking children’s accessories.
Self guided tours. Upon booking, customers will receive an email to download the app on which to follow the tour.
Tour reservation subject to availability of bikes.